PROMYS is a program for pre-college students who will be at least 15 years old by the first day of the program (unfortunately, there is no flexibility on this age requirement). Students from throughout the United States participate as well as many international students.
Admissions decisions will be based on the following criteria: an applicant’s solutions to a set of challenging problems, teacher recommendation, high school transcript, and responses regarding interest in the program.
If you have any questions or encounter persistent difficulties uploading your problem set solutions, transcript, or supporting financial documents, please contact us at email@example.com.
Applications will be accepted until 11:59 PM EST on April 1. Admissions decisions will be sent by email by the first week in May.
TO BE SUBMITTED BY APPLICANT
1) Problem Set Solutions. The application problems can be downloaded HERE. Please upload your solutions (as a single PDF no larger than 10 MB) with your online application. If you are handwriting your solutions, please use dark ink and wide margins so a scan of your work will be legible. Please do not send a photo/JPEG of your solutions since it is very unlikely we will be able to read these. If your PDF file is larger than 10 MB, you may need to use PDF compression software.
2) School Transcript (or report card). Please upload your transcript with your online application. This can be an unofficial copy provided to you by your school. We are not able to process transcripts which are labeled "Secure." If your transcript is in this encrypted format, please send us a scan or screen shot as a PDF. (Homeschooled students should please upload a description of courses and studies undertaken.)
3) Online Application HERE. You will be asked to upload your problem set solutions and school transcript with your application.
TO BE SUBMITTED BY APPLICANT’S TEACHER. Please note: it is the applicant's responsibility to ask one of his or her mathematics teachers to complete this form.
4) Online Teacher Recommendation Form HERE. Please ask one of your mathematics teachers to complete the form. PROMYS will not be sending a request to your teacher. We strongly encourage you to follow up with your teacher to ensure the recommendation is submitted in a timely manner.
TO BE SUBMITTED BY APPLICANT’S PARENT OR GUARDIAN
5) Online Financial Aid Form. To be considered for financial aid, please have a parent or guardian complete the financial aid form HERE. The form will ask for the upload of supporting financial documents.
Students from India are invited to apply for a Tara and Jasubhai Mehta Fellowship if they would be unable to afford to attend PROMYS without financial assistance. Mehta Fellowships provide a full scholarship to PROMYS including round-trip airfare from India, tuition, room and board, visa fees, and books.
Please click HERE for the 2017 Mehta Fellowship application for students in India and to learn more about the Mehta Fellowships to PROMYS.
Students who are 16 or older and ordinarily resident in Europe are also eligible to apply separately to PROMYS Europe at the University of Oxford in England. PROMYS Europe is a partnership between PROMYS and the Mathematical Institute and Wadham College at the University of Oxford, and the Clay Mathematics Institute (CMI).
Please click HERE to visit the PROMYS Europe site.
PROMYS does not discriminate on the grounds of race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, disability, or national origin in the operation of its program or in its admissions, hiring, or financial aid decisions.
Please click HERE to download the PROMYS 2017 flyer